iCubate to join the fight against COVID-19
iCubate plans to soon offer a diagnostic test for COVID-19. iCubate’s COVID-19 assay will run on the company’s FDA-cleared, fully automated, random access system for the rapid detection of infectious pathogens. iCubate has contacted FDA to initiate the Emergency Use Authorization process. Due to recent changes in the FDA’s EUA process, however, iCubate plans to soon provide the COVID-19 Assay to areas where on-site testing may be the best option for improved patient care. The system can be placed in laboratories, hospitals and at temporary collection sites, testing stations and other point of care sites to expand testing availability. The iCubate COVID-19 Assay provides a new level of protection for healthcare providers through the use of a closed and disposable cassette for sample preparation. iCubate has two infectious disease detection assays previously cleared by the FDA.
To learn more about iCubate’s menu of assays, Ask@iCubate.com
Take steps to protect yourself
The iCubate team is practicing social distancing and other infection control actions intended to stop or slow down the spread of COVID19. The iCubate team encourages everyone follow the best practices for prevention provided by the CDC.
Know how it spreads
- There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
- The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact
Stay home if you’re sick
Cover coughs and sneezes
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Wear a facemask if you are sick
- If you are sick: You should wear a facemask when you are around other people (e.g., sharing a room or vehicle) and before you enter a healthcare provider’s office. If you are not able to wear a facemask (for example, because it causes trouble breathing), then you should do your best to cover your coughs and sneezes, and people who are caring for you should wear a facemask if they enter your room. Learn what to do if you are sick.
- If you are NOT sick: You do not need to wear a facemask unless you are caring for someone who is sick (and they are not able to wear a facemask). Facemasks may be in short supply and they should be saved for caregivers.
Clean and disinfect
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
To learn more about ways to prevent or slow the spread of COVID-19, Ask@iCubate.com
iCubate is an innovative molecular diagnostic company providing accurate and affordable syndromic testing to clinical laboratories. With FDA-cleared, multiplexed, sample in-answer out assays, iCubate offers laboratories of any size an integrated, intuitive, comprehensive solution for the detection and identification of pathogenic bacteria and viruses. Using the proprietary core technology, arm-PCR, many of iCubate’s cost-effective assays also detect important gene markers, specific to emerging antibiotic resistance. iCubate’s assays provide actionable information that can guide in the early choice of appropriate treatment, resulting in better patient care.
To learn more about the benefits of choosing iCubate, Ask@iCubate.com